Friday, March 12, 2010

"CANCION DEL SOL" - WORK IN PROGRESS - PHASE II-THE GLAZES

"CANCION DEL SOL" (SONG OF THE SUN) - 30"x60"WORK IN PROGRESS -- Phase II - The Glazes.  Have had the canvas and frame for this painting at least two years and I have painted this in my head at least a thousand times over the past five or six years.  This week I have been working over the glazes to the final painting which should be completed sometime early next week.  From it's inception, from the blocking in stage, this canvas has almost painted itself -- all I have been doing is holding the brush -- it's almost like automatic writing!  Because this is that very last moment of sun at the end of the day, I needed to have the glazes darker than usual.  When the opaque paints are applied, I will put them in lightly in order to protect the essence of this moment in time.  Foreground:  Prussian Blue and Burnt Sienna.  Middle Ground:  Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna and Italian Pink. Clouds: Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Violet, Permalba White, Payne's Grey.  Sky:  Thalo Green, Thalo Blue, a touch of Yellow Ochre and Permalba White.  Will send photo of painting as soon as it is completed.  I am really excited to see the finished canvas -- it is truly surprising me!!!!  If you have any questions regarding this new work, just give me a call. (575)758-7454.

No comments: