Saturday, July 29, 2006

WORK IN PROGRESS - "RANCH HOUSE"


WORK IN PROGRESS "VIEW FROM THE RANCH HOUSE"

If this was a horse race, I would say I'm half-way toward the finish line. I have completed the sky and the mountains -- added the "sfumato" to the hills to make them appear in the distance - worked in the foreground, adding more darks -- redefining my "cartoon" -- middle tones in the road -- purples and blues in the shadows, mixed with ochre and whites - my darkest darks are a mixture of Prussian Blue and Burnt Sienna -- now, after a day or two of drying, I am ready to put in the highlights in the middle area of the painting and complete the foreground. STAY TUNED TO SEE THE COMPLETED PAINTING NEXT WEEK!
©DonnaClair2006 -- All rights reserved under Federal Copyright Law.

No comments: