Tuesday, July 15, 2008

AGUA FRIA -- MORE GLAZES


"AGUA FRIA" - WORK IN PROGRESS
30"x24" Original Oil on Fine Belgian Linen

7/15/08 -- If you scroll down to the previous image, you might understand that I wanted to give up on this canvas entirely. Finally, I put a new Audio Book on my CD player and "dived" in -- no pun intended. My intention is to have the feeling of "last light" in this piece, which means the foreground will be dark and moody and the sky and the highlights soft. The setting sun is a combination of Cadmium Red and Thalo Rose Red with a touch of white. The tall trees are combinations of Yellow Ochre, Permalba White, Burnt Sienna and Mars Black - a little Holbein Rose Grey (I love this color! it adds warmth to the transitional tones.) The water - various combinations of Prussian Blue, Burnt Sienna, Thalo Blue, Thalo Green, Mars Black. I will let these colors dry for a day or two before I work in the final opaque paints. Stay Tuned! DC

No comments: