Thursday, December 04, 2008

"NESTLED IN" -- 28"x22" New Original Painting

"NESTLED IN" - 28"X22" New Original Oil Painting on Fine Belgian Linen, framed in gold with Linen Liner. One of the things I truly love about painting is the freedom I have to create my own reality-- to change an image -- "pentimento" -- to paint over what I thought was good two days or two weeks ago. Am almost embarrassed that I looked at siesta in grey for almost three years before it became "Siesta in Red" (see blog archived photo July 21st at http://donnaclair.blogspot.com). It finally became the painting I always hoped it could be.

Several weeks ago I did a small (14"x11") canvas called "Nestled In" -- about ten days ago I saw the basic image in a whole different light....I wanted to try to add an early moonrise -- and the lights on in the little adobe house where the nestlers would be making tortillas for dinner. Here it is.......My enhanced version of "NESTLED IN" -- 28"X22" - Original Oil on Fine Belgian Linen, framed in gold with linen liner.....For price and availability, please call my Taos Studio at (575) 758-7454. Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are available for your convenience.

HUG AN ARTIST TODAY! - DC

No comments: