Friday, March 13, 2009

"SUNSET DREAMING" - NEW Original Oil Painting

"SUNSET DREAMING"
NEW 14"x11" Original Oil Painting on Linen
Framed in Gold with Linen Liner


This is the winter view from my kitchen window -- looking toward the Pecos Wilderness -- at sunset, after a snowstorm. This window never disappoints and never fails to surprise -- Ah, the wonders I have seen! Whooping Cranes, wild snowstorms, forest fires, raging thunderstorms, little grey rabbits, hordes of magpies and the other day a happy trio of wild geese. Have been looking through this window for almost 20 years while doing the dishes, and I don't think any photo or painting can ever do it justice -- it's just a place that one grows to love. With this canvas my May exhibit in Santa Fe is completed. Planning to get dressed in my best blue jeans and take a truck ride into the big city with all my new work on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

Best regards, Donna


No comments: