Monday, June 01, 2009

"BEHIND ADOBE WALLS" - New Underpainting

1 June 2009 - "BEHIND ADOBE WALLS" - NEW 24x30" Underpainting. FYI -- While the large 48"x60" underpainting "Donde Nace la Vida" is drying, I am spending this week "blocking in" several more canvases. Sitting at an easel for long periods to complete a painting is not easy -- and there are days when I lack a certain enthusiasm. Usually five or six underpaintings (oil color sketches - MG Fast Drying White and pigment) sit all around me....and as long as they are "down" on the canvas -- I can paint them in my head anytime of the day or night. When I finally put them on the easel, the difficult work of planning the light and shadows, colors, etc. is mostly done -- the excitement has built to complete the canvas and my days at the easel go much more smoothly! DC

No comments: