Wednesday, September 09, 2009

DONDE NACE LA VIDA - 48"x60" UNDERPAINTING

(PLEASE CHECK OCTOBER 13, 2009 POST  TO VIEW COMPLETED CANVAS NOW TITLED
"FIRST LIGHT" --"DONDE NACE LA VIDA" (UNDERPAINTING) -- NEW 48"X60" Original Oil on Fine Belgian Linen -- Started the drawing for this canvas in late May. Tomorrow I will post the photo of this underpainting with the first layer of glazes. Have passed the canvas 15/25 times a day as it stands on the wall directly across from my easel -- realize that I want to change things -- I want the mood to change - a dreamier feeling, perhaps. At this stage in a painting, I have a picture in my head of what I want it to be -- once the painting takes over, it's out of my control -- the canvas evolves and it just "becomes". In the next couple of weeks I will post the "pentimenti" -- the changes. You are invited to follow this Work in Progress to it's finish.......DC

No comments: