Wednesday, February 10, 2010

30"x60" Orig. Oil Painting -"CANCION DEL SOL" Work in Progress

 
"CANCION DEL SOL" - 30"x60" Underpainting - New Work in Progress - Original Oil on Belgian Linen.  Have had this large painting in mind and heart for about five years now, and I am very excited to have gotten it down on canvas this week.  Now I have two large format pieces in the works, with two more that I plan to "block" in this weekend.  What I love about putting down several underpaintings at a time is that each morning when I "bounce" through that door toward the easel, I just choose whichever one excites me that day.  Eventually it all gets done.....large canvases are as delightful as a big, heavy book one cannot stop reading -- it is even a little sad on the day of completion!

No comments: