Tuesday, March 23, 2010

30"x60" Original Oil - NEW! "CANCION DEL SOL" - SOLD

SOLD
STUDIO #1010 - "CANCION DEL SOL" - 30"X60" Original Oil on Fine Belgian Linen - Framed in Gold with Linen Liner.  Completed 3/21/10.  This painting has been a long time in the "dreamtime" -- which is where I usually spend most of my days.  It is a view from Middle Road here in Taos on a late summer evening's walk....quiet, pastoral....peaceful.  As I hinted in an earlier post, I had "painted" this canvas in my head so many times that all I had to do was essentially sit there, mix the paint and hold the brush....something else took over.  However, once it was completed this weekend, I sat back and looked at it and realized it is one of my very best paintings. Once I walked away from the easel, I felt stunned and a little lonely....this image has been my companion for years!

STUDIO NEWS:  Am working on a 48"x36" canvas which I previewed in yesterday's post - "TAOS AFTERNOON SHADOWS" -- I love the colors so far.  It is from a digital photo I took through my kitchen window (one of my favorite places on earth) -- I made a digital print of the photo and am working freehand from that image.  House repair and spring cleaning taking up the rest of my time -- and watching the apricot tree in front of the house "bud" -- lots of happy chirpy birds in that tree this week!  DC

No comments: