Wednesday, June 14, 2017

SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO 1967 - THE ADVENTURE BEGINS....

THE ROAD HOME - 8"x16" Original Oil, framed - available - Preview Painting.  

 SEPTEMBER 1967 - We rented a small adobe house on Alegre St. from an old cowboy named Les Langley - across our backyard fence was Rosario Cemetary.  The babies were still in diapers and crawling and the only heat was with floor furnaces - a big challenge.  Still a Chicago girl, I was homesick, very lonely and did not know where to begin.  Trying to be helpful, a neighbor gave me a New Mexico Magazine -  started to read while the children were napping.  There was a photo of a Taos Pueblo drummer -  got out my paints and copied the photo.  We needed money and the painting sold for $75 which was a fortune to me.  The wheels started spinning - maybe,  just maybe this place - Santa Fe, New Mexico - was where I belonged all along..... I was just born in Chicago by accident! 

No comments: